Say “NO” To Vague Window & Door Quotes
Why You Shouldn’t Trust A Vague Price Quote
From Your Tri-State Window & Door Supplier
We’ve Seen WILDLY Different Prices Quoted For The Same Project. One Is Usually Off & The Other…WAY Off.
Remodeling and new home construction is a unique industry because there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. Even price quotes can vary DRASTICALLY from one Tri-State area window and door company to the next.
That’s why we decided to handle pricing a little differently. At Rockman Windows & Doors, you will receive a detailed proposal for your project, not a vague quote.
This means you’ll know what to expect and will be able to get your project underway sooner, rather than later. It also means you’re not going to be left with a shock when the final price is NOTHING like the original quote.
Some Of The Sloppy Pricing We’ve Encountered
Inaccurate price quotes can be more than an inconvenience. They can end up derailing your entire project, sometimes adding months to the time frame and thousands to the overall cost.
Here are a few examples of discrepancies we’ve seen that can lead to MAJOR issues:
- Quantity mistakes – Window Tags account for windows A, B, C and D but the quantity is only 1.
- Entire basement level not quoted
- They gave the client a quote for just the windows and failed to include doors.
- They gave the client a quote for the BASIC model sliding patio door, instead of the luxury, multi-slide doors they requested.
- As for windows, we even commonly see rookie mistakes like quotes WITHOUT the argon gas fill. This lowers the price, but it’s a bad idea and certainly not suitable for the Northeast.
It May Be A Mistake, Or It May Be A Lie. Either way, RUN.
This may sound extreme, but we have YET to find a price quote from a competitor that was accurate. We’ve seen some that were close-ish, and we’ve seen some that were WAY off but none were precise.
One client came to us with two price quotes from our competitors, and guess what?
They were completely different prices for the same Marvin brand of window. One was far less than the other.
What did we find?
- The company that quoted the lower price sent the customer their dealer cost, so they obviously would not be able to honor this quote down the road.
- This company also quoted a large format slider door as a standard sliding patio door which typically is 30%-50% less expensive but not what the customer wanted.
- The company with the higher price was relatively accurate, but they did miss a handful of cupola and basement windows–making them honest (we think) but not entirely accurate.
- The company with the low, low prices was just telling their prospective customer what they wanted to hear–no integrity or professionalism about it – or they were just too inexperienced to handle the job.
Fortunately, at Rockman, neither approach is good enough. We strive to give our Tri-State clients The VIP Treatment they deserve, and that includes asking the right questions upfront so we can provide an ACCURATE proposal – one you can buy today without fear of problems.
What Our Consultations & Proposals Are Like
At Rockman, our consultations are thorough, and our proposals are precise. If a contractor or company can offer you a quote in five minutes, you shouldn’t put much faith in it.
Because a quote pulled out of a hat isn’t going to fairly or accurately represent the cost of your remodeling project.
We also take our time, so we can develop a proposal that you can act on that very day to get your new Connecticut home or renovation project under way–no delays, mistakes, or blunders.
In fact, it’s not uncommon for us to call you back with follow up questions just to be 100% certain we’ve taken in all the contingencies, BEFORE we provide a proposal. We feel an educated customer is the best customer–even if they become someone else’s customer!
This is far from the quick and unreliable quotes you’ll get from our Tri-State competitors, but the extra time and effort leads to much better results and a far more pleasant experience.
Not only that, but you’ll likely see your project completed on a faster timetable, even though we took longer to get you a proposal.
In our experience, it’s better to get all your ducks in a row before you act on a major project that will shape your home for YEARS to come.